Why, When, and How to Place a Fuel Order in Massachusetts
It’s a more commonly asked question than you might think! In fact, ordering fuel doesn’t have to be difficult. Anyone can learn to read a tank gauge to know when you have to order fuel to prevent a no-heat emergency. Bridgewater Fuel will show you how easy the process of checking an oil level really is and how exactly you can go about placing a fuel order from us. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about reading your tank gauge, home heating safety, and placing an online order with Bridgewater Fuel.
How to Read a Heating Oil Tank Gauge in Massachusetts
Reading a fuel tank is something anyone can do. Don’t be intimidated! Just follow these three simple steps to reading your fuel level, and you’ll be an expert before you know it.
- Approach the oil tank. They are usually stored in the basement of your home. If your tank happens to be outside, be sure to clear snow and debris from the area and off the tank.
- Find the small glass cylinder or dial on top of the tank. The gauge will show a small marker according to how full your tank is. It can be at any of the following levels: Full, ¾, ½, ¼, or Empty.
- If your tank is at or below ¼, it’s time to place an order of oil! Deliveries can take up to a few days, so you don’t want to wait any longer or you’ll risk a fuel runout.
Pro Tip: Reading an oil gauge is just like reading the gas gauge in your car! Keep this handy trick in mind while inspecting the fuel level of your tank.
Get Automatic Fuel Delivery in South Shore, Massachusetts Now
Prefer not to check your fuel levels? If monitoring your own fuel isn’t for you, we offer automatic fuel delivery for our oil heat customers. Being enrolled in automatic delivery has some incredible perks, such as:
- Reducing the risk of a fuel runout emergency
- Gaining peace-of-mind from a full tank
- Less time worrying about monitoring your oil tank
- No need to call and schedule fuel orders
You can sign up for automatic oil delivery by contacting us online. Once you sign up, we will monitor your tank and the weather to accurately estimate when you need an oil delivery. Whether you want to sign up for automatic delivery or request a different product or service, please contact us online or give us a call at (508) 588-5255.
Not yet a Bridgewater Fuel customer? Sign up today to get started!
Download Our App to Order Fuel Instantly!
Need Fast, Reliable Fuel Delivery in South Shore, MA? Count on Bridgewater Fuel
Bridgewater Fuel offers affordable heating oil and diesel delivery as well as expert HVAC services to residential and commercial customers on the South Shore of Massachusetts. If you’re interested in getting reliable heating fuel delivery and service from local experts in the home heating industry, contact the experts at Bridgewater Fuel and join our family of happy customers today.