Top Factors That Affect Your Heating Oil Usage in Massachusetts
If you’re a heating oil user on the South Shore of Massachusetts, then you might be wondering what factors affect your heating oil usage. Thankfully, you’ve come to the right place. At Bridgewater Fuel, we make the effort to be sure that our customers are always in the know about things that affect their oil usage. Oil is a great fuel for home heating because it’s affordable and efficient, but how often do you have to order fuel, and what affects your oil usage? Keep reading to find out!
Factors That Affect Your Oil Usage
Need to know how long your tank of oil will last? Unfortunately, there’s no definitive answer to this question, but there are certainly factors that will affect how quickly or slowly you use a tank of oil. Here are the top four factors you should keep in mind when you’re burning heating oil for heat and appliances.
- Your Home Heating Preference: How much oil your heating system consumes is directly influenced by the setting at which you keep your thermostat. The lower your thermostat, the less oil you will use for heating.
- The Number of People in Your Home: If you have family or other company visiting your home, you will burn through more oil than fewer people would need.
- The Temperature Outside: If the temperature outside is cold, your heating system has to work longer to keep your home warm. With cold snaps, you’ll burn more oil than usual.
- The Size of Your Tank: If you have a smaller tank, you’ll need more refills compared to having a larger tank.
Get in Touch with Bridgewater Fuel
These four factors will affect how quickly you go through a tank of oil, but there are things you can do to lower your energy usage:
- Install a programmable thermostat to take more control over your heating.
- Insulate your windows with caulking and curtains to keep the heat in.
- Put in weather stripping around doors to prevent drafts.
At Bridgewater Fuel, our priority is your comfort and budget, and we see you as a part of our family. If you have any questions about your home heating oil usage, or if you’re a new or returning customer, simply get in touch with us to place a delivery order or schedule service. You can also download our mobile app for convenient one-click heating oil delivery. No matter how you choose to contact us, we’re always happy to hear from you!