Benefits of Replacing Your Oil Tank on the South Shore, MA
If you live on the South Shore of Massachusetts and you heat your home with oil, you may be wondering whether your oil tank needs to be replaced. This can be a difficult question to answer, although there are a few telltale signs that your oil tank may be reaching the end of its life. Lucky for you, your friends at Bridgewater Fuel are here to tell you the signs your oil tank should be replaced, and what the benefits of replacing your tank are. Keep reading to learn more!
How to Know If Your Oil Tank Should Be Replaced in Massachusetts
Something important to know about oil tanks is that they deteriorate from the inside out. This means that while your tank may look pristine, it could be corroding on the inside. Here are some signs it’s time for an oil tank replacement:
- Dents and rust spots on the outside of the tank
- Instability or uneven placement
- Evidence of oil leaks on the ground around or underneath the tank
- Split or damaged rubber seals around the oil lines
- Using oil faster than expected
Top Benefits of Oil Tank Replacement on the South Shore
Replacing your oil tank when you believe it’s beginning to cause problems has many potential benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Avoiding tank failure: Tank failure is something that no homeowner ever wants to go through. Not only can an oil leak leave behind a noxious smell, but you could wind up in the middle of an expensive hazardous waste cleanup situation.
- Protecting your furnace or boiler: It’s possible that your aging oil tank has a layer of sludge and sediment at the bottom. This sludge could get into and damage your furnace or boiler, leading to a costly repair or even a replacement.
- Increased safety: Older oil tanks can have unstable legs, lack protective tubing around oil lines, or even have a clogged vent pipe. A replacement oil tank does away with all of these problems.
- Saving energy: A new oil tank may save you some money thanks to increased efficiency, especially if you’ve been going through oil faster than usual.
Related Post: How Often Should I Replace My Heating System?
Ready to Schedule Your Oil Tank Replacement with Bridgewater Fuel?
The team at Bridgewater Fuel is excited to work with you on your oil tank replacement project. We’re a local company that’s been doing business on the South Shore of Massachusetts for years. In addition to oil tank replacement, we offer top-quality heating, cooling, and oil delivery services. For the fastest service, call us directly at (508) 588-5255 and dial EXT 250 for our service department. Our friendly team will be happy to schedule your oil tank replacement over the phone, or you can fill out our contact form.